Explore and Learn about Wikis
Wikis in Plain English (CommonCraft)
7 Things You Should Know about Wikis
Examples of Educational Wikis
Inspiration
The I-9490 Directors wiki is a nice example of pooling together and centrally locating information to serve a specified purpose. The title is nebulous but the tabs and resources are useful. With the I-9490 Directors wiki in mind, I dumped my social studies content expectations into a wiki to share with my department.
Hurdles
Noticeably, I tend to lean on the conservative side. Information and exposure are always something in which to exhibit caution. We hear technology leaders in my educational community tout the use of less-secure technology mediums but in the end, the teacher is the one with ultimate responsibility. (No union here.) I'm a fighter for sure but for this, I will sit back and watch for a while before involving children.
While my curriculum partner and I can edit a content-related wiki, a blog offers less flexibility and is not intended for this purpose. Visit my wiki for a look at including content expectations that can be shared among teachers.
0 Comments from Fellow 23 Things Users:
Post a Comment